How to take care of my Invisalign
Taking care of your Invisalign aligners is crucial to ensure their effectiveness and hygiene. Here are some tips to maintain and care for your Invisalign aligners:
1. Clean Your Aligners Regularly: Rinse your aligners every time you remove them to prevent the buildup of saliva and plaque. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear anti-bacterial soap or a specialized Invisalign cleaning solution to gently brush your aligners.
2. Avoid Staining: Minimize the intake of colored or sugary drinks while wearing your aligners. Remove them before consuming anything besides water to prevent staining. If you do consume colored or sugary drinks, make sure to brush your teeth before reinserting the aligners.
3. Maintain Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth after meals before putting your aligners back in your mouth. This helps to prevent food particles from getting trapped between your teeth and the aligners, reducing the risk of cavities and bad breath.
4. Follow the Wear Schedule: Wear your aligners for the recommended duration each day. Typically, Invisalign aligners should be worn for 20 to 22 hours per day to achieve the desired results within the treatment timeframe.
5. Store Them Properly: When you're not wearing your aligners, keep them in their case to prevent loss or damage. Avoid wrapping them in tissues or napkins, as they might get thrown away accidentally.
6. Handle with Care: Be gentle when handling your aligners to avoid bending or damaging them. Removing them properly using the recommended techniques provided by your orthodontist will help maintain their shape.
7. Regular Check-ups: Visit your orthodontist or dentist as scheduled for regular check-ups and follow-up appointments. They can ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned and provide guidance on caring for your aligners.
8. Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Do not expose your aligners to extreme temperatures (hot or boiling water) as this can distort their shape.
9. Replace as Directed: Follow your orthodontist's instructions regarding changing to a new set of aligners. Typically, aligners are changed every 1-2 weeks as part of the treatment plan.
10. Be Consistent: Consistency is key in achieving successful results with Invisalign. Wear your aligners as directed and follow all care instructions provided by your orthodontist.
Remember, maintaining proper care and hygiene of your Invisalign aligners not only ensures your comfort but also contributes to the success of your orthodontic treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about caring for your aligners, consult your orthodontist for guidance.
Lost or broken your current stage?
In the event of a lost or damaged stage in your Invisalign treatment, it's crucial to progress to the following stage since each stage only has one set of aligners. Wear the next stage aligners for the recommended duration as advised. Consider scheduling your next appointment sooner than planned due to the reduced number of stages available.